Furniture Guarantee Policy
Our hand-crafted furniture is made in our own workshops, which allows us to carry out a stringent quality control process on every product we manufacture. We provide a commitment that should any fault occur during the period of the guarantee that is a result of faulty manufacture or poor workmanship by the company we will we repair or replace the item free of charge.
We use high quality materials and components in our furniture and are confident that our workmanship will outlast our guarantee. However, our guarantee is subject to the following guarantee terms and conditions.
10 Year Guarantee – structural integrity and material failure
All of our fitted and freestanding furniture comes with a comprehensive 10 year guarantee for structural integrity and material failure, which includes timber, veneers, finishes, stability of joints and components.
Terms and conditions
- Proof of purchase for any claim is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- General wear and tear, including staining, defects from spills, damage from chemical spills or dyes, negligence, abuse, abrasion, burns, misuse, excessive soiling or accidental damage are excluded.
- Splits and cracks of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or direct heat sources, including sunlight, heaters and radiators, and seasonal changes are excluded.
- Damage caused by smoke, fire, theft, explosion, flood or natural disaster is excluded.
- Damage including heat marks, liquid damage, and incorrect application of chemical treatment or protective coating resulting in delamination of the product or finish is excluded.
- Fading of material as a result of sunlight is excluded.
- Variation of wood grain is excluded.
- The amount of any claim is limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory merchandise.
- The guarantee may be invalidated if the purchaser does not follow care procedures as outlined in our Furniture Care and Maintenance Guide. Furniture found to abused, adapted or altered will also invalidate this guarantee.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to care and maintain the purchased furniture. Furniture not cared for in accordance with our Furniture Care and Maintenance Guide will invalidate this guarantee.
- This guarantee is not transferrable.
- This guarantee is invalidated if furniture is altered or interfered with by anyone other than Bespoak Joinery or a person authorised by Bespoak Joinery. Repairs must only be carried out by Bespoak Joinery or a person authorised by Bespoak Joinery.
- Any parts removed during repairs and not refitted subsequently become property of Bespoak Joinery.
- We shall at our discretion repair, replace or reinstall parts as required. Slight discolouration of furniture may result in variation in colour between original and replaced items, which is out of Bespoak Joinery’s control.
Movement of infills or worktop caused by movement of the house or building more than 30 days after installation is not covered by this guarantee. This exclusion includes settlement of furniture fitted on top of carpets.
The guarantee does not cover furniture required to be removed from the room’s structure. Bespoak Joinery will not be liable for the cost of redecoration or damage to flooring caused by removal of fitted furniture. The customer is responsible for all making good.
Fitting issues must be reported within 30 days from the original installation date. Bespoak Joinery accepts no responsibility or liability for fitting issues reported beyond this period.
Bespoak Joinery can supply the following services. The fee will be agreed with you in advance:
- Door and drawer adjustments and alignments
- Replacement of caulking as required
- Repair to accidental damage (parts and materials subject to charge).
Bespoak Joinery reserves the right to make the decision whether or not to carry out aftercare service.
Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee